Monday, May 16, 2011

Save $$$ Shopping Online

I wanted to post this really quick just 'cause I was thinking about it...

I am a huge online shopper.  I have a bad habit of staying up late, surfing the net on my Ipad, and making impulse buys.  Most of the time I'm not disappointed though, so it works out!

There is one site I usually go to first though, especially if I know what I'm looking to buy.  It's called Great Canadian Rebates.  For all my fellow Canadians who shop online, if you haven't checked this site out yet - you should!

How it works is you sign in to the GCR site, then go to any of the stores they have available (I don't know the exact count - well over 300 though).  By clicking to the store through the GCR site, you are then eligible to receive the discount that particular store offers by shopping thru GCR.  The rebate is not applied at the check out - you receive the money in your GCR account.  After a period of time (there is payout schedule on the site) this money will be deposited in your Paypal account.  It may seem like a lot of work, but you really just need to have a Paypal account, and then sign up for GCR.  Easy!

There are a variety of stores to choose from, and the rebates range from 0 to 18% or higher.  Each store has it's own rebate amount.  Amazon.ca for example is a place you can shop, but you don't get a rebate really.  The info says you can get free shipping, but with Amazon you don't have to go thru GCR to get free shipping most of the time anyway.  I don't worry so much about going thru GCR when shopping there.  Sears.ca, however, does offer a rebate of 2%.  That may not seem like much, but it all adds up.  Another store I have shopped from thru GCR is SteveMadden.com - the rebate there is 8% - it helps in justifying buying $180 booties :)  I could go on and on with the list of stores I shopped at thru GCR - Dysoncanada.ca, BananaRepublic.ca, and even ebay.ca (which has a 2% rebate per winning bid by the way - sa-weet!).

Not all of the merchants are Canadian, but all offer shipping to Canada - and the dollar is better here right now so, it's really cheaper to shop American!

Anyway, I absolutely love a deal - and the $42 and change in my GCR account right now tells me a little does add up - that's only since March!  Hmm, maybe I do have a problem!

I'm not the PR gal for GCR, but, there is something in this for me if you sign up thru the link below.  If you sign up thru myself, I benefit from every rebate you receive from GCR for the next 2 years!  Isn't that something!  And, once you sign up, you get the same benefit for anyone you refer who signs up thru you (I don't benefit from them as well, only from you)!  And you don't have to do a thing except send your friends an email.  Once they sign up thru you they are linked to you automatically and GCR does all the figuring for you.  How easy is that?

If I don't have you convinced, below is an email suggestion I took right from the website that explains a little (do you see the part about where you get $2 in your GCR account when you sign up?).  It also has the referral link so you can sign up thru me.

Even if you don't want to sign up thru me, for whatever reason, it's still a good deal for all, so I had to share!



Greetings Friends,

You are invited to save!

I wanted to be one of the first to share with you a Canadian online shopping
website that pays you Cash Back Rebates on online purchases. The website is
called GreatCanadianRebates.ca.  Why not join us? Continue to shop online or
become an online shopper at many of your favourite merchants.  The expanding
list of merchants includes: Dell, Expedia, Chapters & Indigo, The Source
by Circuit City, Travelocity, The Apple Store and The Shopping Channel.
Savings and rebates are only a few clicks away.

GreatCanadianRebates.ca is extremely easy to use. To get started, register by
following the link below, shop as you currently do and your rebates will be
automatically credited to your Cash Back Rebate account.
GreatCanadianRebates.ca also has many great coupons, free shipping specials,
and sales directly from the stores.

As a bonus for registering GreatCanadianRebates.ca will give you a Toonie!
That's right, $2.00 will automatically be deposited into your account, just
for registering. GreatCanadianRebates.ca also has an incredible referral
program that will make you money. You will earn a 10% Referral Bonus on all
Cash Back Rebates earned by any new Member you refer.

Please register at:
http://www.GreatCanadianRebates.ca/register/118456/

Happy Shopping and Saving!
- Marsha -

0 comments: