Sunday, May 15, 2011

Food Friendly Friday - Week 3 (NOT!)

I'm sorry that I didn't get to this this week, and not just for you (I don't have many followers actually - hint, hint if you are reading this!), but for myself also.  I know it's going to be tough on this household to not have a plan.

Here's the thing.  I started full time at work last week, and come Thursday, I just did not have the energy or motivation to plan - for anything.  No menu, no grocery list - nothing.  I was just beat, let me tell you.

It wasn't really the hours at work that were hard, it was the not getting to bed (or to sleep, rather) that was the issue.  I would go to bed on time (10 - 10:30pm), and tired as I was I just couldn't fall asleep.  I would lay there thinking of what I would have to do at work in the morning, or of which DIY project I wanted to tackle next and how I would accomplish it.  My mind just isn't used to shutting down until around 11:30 or midnight really.

I used to work 8:30am to 3pm Monday to Friday with no lunch break - I just ate while I worked.  Now I work 7:30am to 4:30pm with a 1 hour lunch.  I do enjoy the break - it's great to clear your mind that's for sure, especially since I started full time because I've taken on a bit more work (temporarily) on a daily basis.  The downside is that it is about a 10 minute drive to and from work, and with the cost of gas right now ($1.27.9/L), it really hits the pocket book.  I will be opting to stay at work during the lunch hour for 2 - 3 days per week due to mainly this fact, and the extra mileage it puts on my little Equinox.  I'll just pack a lunch like I used to, and then go for walks now that the weather is nice.  I can use my new snowshoes when the nasty winter hits again.

Anyway, I'll try to be better at the menu plans - as I said, this helps me too.  This week should be interesting - I'll try to at least plan one meal a night in advance and let you know how I fare next Friday when I post the next week's menu - I promise!

0 comments: