Sunday, May 15, 2011

Finishing Touches

I'm way behind on showing the last of the cabinet maker's fine work - heck, I'm way behind on blogging period!  (Notice there was no 'Food Friendly Friday' this past week??  Will explain later...)  Without further ado, here it is...

The TV stand.



The mantle...I love the simplicity of it :)



The back porch...so much more practical.


As you can see, this trim still needs to be painted the same color as the walls.  There is some going around the ledge leading to the basement as well that I forgot to take pics of :(


That's it!  Well, actually, ok, so, there is one or two small things.

1.  In the quote there was two shelves I wanted built for my scrapbook space.  I'm not sure if they were forgotten or were scrapped (no pun intended) because of the add-ons we ended up having.  I have to talk to Alex about it still...

2.  I asked him to build me a big mirror.  One that just sits on the floor and leans on the wall.  A big rectangle basically, framed the same as our bathroom mirrors are essentially.  This is seperate from our house though...this was just me as a customer going to him to have him build me one thing.  We'll see what happens with that.

It's such a relief to have this space come together so nicely.  Our choices were good ones and we are very pleased with ourselves!  It's also been fun to be able to start to decorate...I've been a shopping, yard saling, DIYing fool - but it's been so enjoyable!  And to top it off, our house is clean (fine print states this applies only to the upstairs portion of this house)!  There is a space for everything and it's so easy to maintain - I absolutely love it!!!!  Ok, enough of that..

On to other things...

I'm going to try to do a few posts today to get caught up on some stuff...if you continue on, bless you and thank you!



0 comments: