Tuesday, April 5, 2011

End of Day 65

It's true that diamonds are a girls best friend, but closets have got to be the next best thing.  It's going to be so much easier being organized with all this storage space.  Everything will have it's place, and be sure, everybody will know where that place is!  I'm going to be a bit anal, I can tell.  I already feel a little bit OCD while unpacking....labels out, straight lines, like with like, no clutter....I'm sure it took me 10 minutes to put the cat and dog food away, the cans had to be lined up just so.  Oh well, being so organized and tidy will allow me to spend 10 minutes on putting cans away if I so wish to spend my time that way!  And all because of closets!  I'm sure you have figured out by now that the closets have been installed (well, most anyway), and after taking all these pics I have been busy filling some of them with our 'stuff'...there is sooo much room!  Alex also installed the mirror/cabinet units in the bathrooms just today - OMG - they are perfect and he is awesome, what more can I say?

And lights, the last two were installed just today - love them!!  The electrician did lots today actually...the outside light, the thermostat, and the doorbell.  Well, she tried to do the doorbell, but apparently Kevin cut the wires on her...lol.  She'll be back tomorrow anyway.  We weren't really thinking when we installed the big wall of cabinets in the kitchen about there being a plug-in available at counter height.  We knew the plug-in for the mixer cupboard had to be moved, but that's as far as that planning went, and since the backsplash won't be installed until next week now (insert sad face here) she's going to come and install 2 plugs so we can plug stuff in when it's on the counter.  What a novel idea that is huh?!

All in all, still a couple of weeks left - feels like I've been saying that for a while now!  But at least we are using the space now.  I'm pretty much upstairs all the time, either cleaning, unpacking, puttering or chilling in the bedroom.  My mood has improved - I think - but I still want it to be done.  We are using the space, but it doesn't feel like ours yet, and won't until the code on the door has been changed I'm sure!



Hallway closet.  Putting the french style doors on really allowed the shelves in the closet to be fully accessed, very glad we did that.  Alex cut them at a slight angle so that when you open the doors they weren't so in your face, very glad he did that!  Still a shelf to be installed on top and doohickeys put in to hang the broom and such in the middle section.


Scrap room closet.  I don't like how these bifold doors cut off the shelves in this one, but not much we can do.  I will be using the shelves for books and magazines anyway, so it won't be an issue.


Cam's/guestroom closet.  So much space!


Front entry closet.


The best of all - our bedroom closet (doors to be installed at a later date)!  


Check out the built in laundry hampers - his and hers of course!  I get the left side of this unit.  The far upper left will have 2 hanging rods for shorter items and the section above the laundry hamper will be for long hanging, and then 3 drawers to the left of the hamper.  Kev gets the right side - the far upper right section will be 1 hanging section for short items with a couple of shelves below.  The section above his hamper will be shelves, and then 3 drawers to the right of the hamper.  The bottom middle section will be drawers for my shoes (insert super large grin here), there will be 2 small drawers directly above that, 1 for my jewelry, 1 for ???.  The upper middle section will be shelves for my purses, but there will be a tonne of room left in there for ???.  The ???'s don't bother me - empty space - I've never known that before and can't wait to experience it!


The hugeness of this closet isn't coming across in the pictures so I put the chair there, but I don't think that helps either.  If I was standing in front of this, I am about as wide as the laundry hamper section (no jokes please) and my head comes to about the middle of the upper section.  It's massive!


My scrap room light - so pretty!  Even Kev likes it, suprisingly.


This is what we bought to replace the horrible chandelier in the dining room.  I loved this light when we saw it in the store, then when we got it home I was worried because I didn't like it in the picture on the box.  Now I know why - you can't take a good picture because of the way the wire twists, it looks crooked, but in 3D, it works.  I love it again and think it will look even better when we get the kitchen  table in the room.


I think it's time for the contractor to take a trip to the dump!  I'm so tired of looking at my beautiful kitchen and then turning around and seeing this!  But I think you can still tell that this light looks better.


Main bathroom.  Hmm, I seem to recall a problem with gray tiles in here just last week, but now - what gray tile?  I don't notice any gray tile...all I can see are the awesome cabinets in this room.


Our bathroom - more doors to be installed at a later date :)  You can't really tell in this pic, but the space under the counter and to the right is open shelves.


0 comments: