Thursday, February 3, 2011

End of Day 4

It seems to me things are moving slower, but maybe that's because the changes aren't as drastic as they were the first couple of days.  Kev thinks things are moving along well, so what do I know?!

The back porch closet had all the framing around it removed and it was opened up more to the ceiling to allow for upper cabinets and shelves.  There will be a built in bench installed too.  The entire upstairs ceiling is now boarded, with the exception of the back porch.  Part of the wall in the kitchen has been replaced, due to the drywall being destroyed when the tile backsplash got ripped out.  The bathroom is now boarded and the tub is installed, but no taps and shower head yet.  Lastly, from what I can tell, the gaps in the walls from the old bedroom closets have been filled.  Oh, and I'm thinking an electrician must have been here because there was a hole with a whole bunch of wires in it behind the microwave that was over the stove and there was a concern that they were live wires.  The hole has been boarded up and one wire is sticking out, so we must be good there, thank goodness!  I guess there has been quite a bit done!

And I'm glad the weather has warmed up, that's for sure.  The workers turn the heat off and open the windows while they are here, and let me tell ya, it was COLD in here the first 2 days when we got home!  The first day (when it was almost minus 30 outside) I laid on the couch with a blanket and both the animals on me to keep me warm!  It wasn't so bad yesterday and today though.


Back porch.


I can't wait to see the new smooth ceiling!




The bedroom looks so much bigger like this, and it's only an extra 2 feet wide!  It won't last long though - I hope the new built ins don't make the room feel smaller...


0 comments: