Monday, February 14, 2011

End of Day 15

15 days - half a month.  It feels like it's been longer.  I'm missing the light that windows allow in during the day.  This is definitely affecting my mood.  It's hard to be motivated - not that I'm usually extra motivated, but I literally have to force myself to move.

Never mind that my bed has always been my favorite place to hang out (there's just something about all that room to spread out on with pillows around you and softness beneath you), but now it's just right there, smack dab in the middle of the room, waiting for me - how can I not climb on and sit back and enjoy?  Plus, 1 of the TV's is set up at the end of it.  Kev has his usual spot on the couch (he is used to hanging out down here),  and he watches the other TV.  Even if we are watching the same show, I still sit in bed and just turn down the volume on my TV!  I'm going to have to learn to kick this habit pretty quickly - it's sucking the life out of me!

And it doesn't help that to move around down here you either have to move something out of your way, or ask someone to move.  It's really bad when the kids are here!  It used to be funny to watch the cat and dog chase each other around - now I'm just worried one of them is going to give themselves a concussion by hitting one of the many pieces of furniture!

But, I will have to suck it up and find some reasons to get up and out and moving (like the snowshoeing course I'm signed up for but missed this last Saturday for example!  Yes, I was in bed.).  I'm thinking we have at least another 6 weeks of this, if not more.  Most of the mudding and taping looks like it was completed today.  The cable guys were in here and they wired the two bedrooms and moved the living room outlet to the corner where the built in TV stand will be.  The frame for the new gas fireplace was built in preparation for the install tomorrow (hopefully).  And that's pretty much it.  I was hoping we would be ready for paint by the end of this week, and it could still happen, but I'm not going to count on it.  All the mudding and sanding will have to be done a couple of times and today was only the first round :(

0 comments: