Monday, January 31, 2011

End of Day 1

Wow is all I can say.  I was so out of sorts for the whole evening after coming home from work.  When I left in the morning, it was just our house, albeit empty.  When I came home, it was like it was someone else's house.  I'm not sure what I expected, but I certainly didn't think I would feel so discombobulated.  I just kind of wandered around all evening, going up and checking things out every once in a while.  It was weird!  Here are some pics...


I thought the kitchen would look bigger with the cabinets gone, but it felt smaller.


Nice flooring - I can see why the previous owners covered it!


Yay for the gross carpet in my scrapbook room being gone!!!


A now shelfless/doorless hallway closet.  This will have something similar to french doors after, as well as 3 (or 4?) columns of adjustable shelving...much more practical.


This tub I will actually sit in!


We weren't planning on bringing the bathroom down to the studs, but they found so much mold in the drywall behind the tub it had to be done.  We never would have known....


Our 2 bedroom closets will become wall to wall, floor to ceiling custom cabinets - this will be one of my favorite things once it's all done!

0 comments: